X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-Card: snxxxx Smart-Clip dongle, v2.10, assigned Smart-Clip: snxxxx Europe

I just updated my smart-clip and S-Card and when try to connect to SmatMoto 3.16, I get the error message below:

"S-Card: snxxxx Smart-Clip dongle, v2.10, assigned Smart-Clip: snxxxx Europe, initializing...OK
    Smart-Clip not found."

@ perdesi,

Please make sure that:
    1. Firewall on your computer (or your LAN) is configured properly or disabled
    2. LPT port settings are set to EPP in BIOS
    3. Your LPT cable works properly
    4. You use a stable power supply with your clip (use power adapter 12V 750mA)
    5. If you are using WinXP, log in as Administrator or any other account with administrative rights

To run a new SmartMoto under WinXP also to update a Smart-Clip please
    launch the SmartMoto, open Smart-Clip bookmark & tick the option "Disable OS parallel port polling (requires reboot)".
    After that restart you PC.
    Also set LPT options in SmartMoto to compatibility.
    Best Regards
    Smart-Clip Team
    www.Smart-Clip.com
    www.GsmServer.com
    www.Boot-Loader.com
    www.SCoutDongle.com
    www.Smart-Unlocker.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tinkertrain View Post
      @ perdesi,

Please make sure that:
      1. Firewall on your computer (or your LAN) is configured properly or disabled
      2. LPT port settings are set to EPP in BIOS
      3. Your LPT cable works properly
      4. You use a stable power supply with your clip (use power adapter 12V 750mA)
      5. If you are using WinXP, log in as Administrator or any other account with administrative rights

To run a new SmartMoto under WinXP also to update a Smart-Clip please
      launch the SmartMoto, open Smart-Clip bookmark & tick the option "Disable OS parallel port polling (requires reboot)".
      After that restart you PC.
      Also set LPT options in SmartMoto to compatibility.

I'm still unable to connect to SmartMoto. Any other recommendation?

Comment

post step by step what you did i will try to help.

Comment

@ perdesi,

Try to update your Smart-Clip, save log file and send it with the description of the problem to the support[at]smart-clip.com
          Best Regards
          Smart-Clip Team
          www.Smart-Clip.com
          www.GsmServer.com
          www.Boot-Loader.com
          www.SCoutDongle.com
          www.Smart-Unlocker.com

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for your help. I tried different computer and I was able to connect. Here are the logs. I get critical error 80: 40: message when trying to unlock

Clip serial: xxxx, version: 4.08, initializing... OK
            Searching for phone... found Motorola Phone (V3r), getting test interface... OK
            Model V3r
            Firmware R3443U2_G_0E.C0.17R
            Switching to flash mode... OK [S Flash Neptune LTE2]
            Reading phone boot version... A.52
            Boot prepare... failed

Comment

@ perdesi,

V3r with boot verison 0A.52 can be unlocked via TP, only.
              Check this link for more detailed information, please.
              Best Regards
              Smart-Clip Team
              www.Smart-Clip.com
              www.GsmServer.com
              www.Boot-Loader.com
              www.SCoutDongle.com
              www.Smart-Unlocker.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tinkertrain View Post
                @ perdesi,

V3r with boot verison 0A.52 can be unlocked via TP, only.
                I still don't get it. Is test point a device that I have to buy? There is no image or description of Test Point.

Comment

@ perdesi,

TestPoint procedure description:
                  Disassemble the phone
                  Connect the phone to PC via Smart-Clip, using standard cable(Not repair one), and launch SmartMoto
                  Connect Testpoint to ground (Connect one end of the cable to TP, and the other to any metal shield(ground))
                  Connect Phone Battery
                  Press Search button in SmartMoto
                  SmartMoto should detect "S Blank..."
                  Disconnect Testpoint
                  After that the phone ready for unlock/repair operation

TP pictures can be found at the www.boot-loader.com in the Public Downloads->testpoints->... file folder.

Also, please check the link in the previous post.
                  Best Regards
                  Smart-Clip Team
                  www.Smart-Clip.com
                  www.GsmServer.com
                  www.Boot-Loader.com
                  www.SCoutDongle.com
                  www.Smart-Unlocker.com

sigpic

Comment

Could someone in simple English tell me what Tinkertrain is trying to explain? First of all, I am not sure what the Testpoint is. From the directions, it appears to be a hardware. Is it something that I have to buy in addition to Smart Clip and S-Card? If so, where would I be able to buy one from?
                    2. The first step is to Disassembe the phone. Disassembe mean to remove the battery and cover or open the screw etc? It doesn't provide any information about the level of disassembling.
                    Any help will be really appreciated. I have been trying to unlock the phones for about a month now.

Comment

Originally posted by perdesi View Post
                      Could someone in simple English tell me what Tinkertrain is trying to explain? First of all, I am not sure what the Testpoint is. From the directions, it appears to be a hardware. Is it something that I have to buy in addition to Smart Clip and S-Card? If so, where would I be able to buy one from?
                      2. The first step is to Disassembe the phone. Disassembe mean to remove the battery and cover or open the screw etc? It doesn't provide any information about the level of disassembling.
                      Any help will be really appreciated. I have been trying to unlock the phones for about a month now.
                      Check this out. More videos here

Comment

Originally posted by Boroda View Post
                        Check this out. More videos here
                        Thank you for your help. It's much better than what the other guy tried to explain and I couldn't even find the Public Download section under www.boot-loader.com.
                        Anyway, I went through the whole video and I have an idea of what to do. There are two tools that the guy in video is using. One is a clip or button that he puts on the phone. Second is a tool with Red and Black cables. Do you know where I can obtain these tools from?

Comment

Thank you for your help. It's much better than what the other guy tried to explain and I couldn't even find the Public Download section under www.boot-loader.com.
                          You should be logged in to get access to Public downloads section. Details.
                          Regards,
                          Boot-Loader Support Team

Our projects:sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Log on information would have helped.
                            So finally, I logged in, opened my phone, but inside the phone, it doesn't match the image provided. I can't find the test point on my phone. Here is the difference if I look at the image and my phone:
                            on image, there are two blocks (the two horizantal pieces) on the bottom right under the IC and then the two veritcal blocks (smaller size and the one on the left is test point)
                            On my phone, there are two blocks are all the way on the left side of the same IC unit. Then there are bunch of micro size of these blocks all over. There are two middle size of these vertical blocks on top of the second (bigger) IC on the left.
                            I'm not sure which one is the test point. Can anyone help? Do I have the right version of the phone? (look at my logs above)

Comment

As you write before, you have V3r.
                              Clip serial: xxxx, version: 4.08, initializing... OK
                              Searching for phone... found Motorola Phone (V3r), getting test interface... OK
                              Model V3r
                              Firmware R3443U2_G_0E.C0.17R
                              Switching to flash mode... OK [S Flash Neptune LTE2]
                              Reading phone boot version... A.52
                              Boot prepare... failed
                              PCB of V3r is different than V3, so you should take a look at V3r.jpg TestPoint picture.
                              Regards,
                              Boot-Loader Support Team

Our projects:sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X